Monday, March 30, 2015

DIY Ring Light for Macro Photography


A while back, I came across a DIY Ring Light tutorial, and you all know how I struggle with lighting and macro photography. So I made my own! For less than USD$10!

Here're the results of the test shots ^_^:

 Overhead lighting, no Ringlight

 Overhead lighting, Ringlight

Ringlight Only



I decided to just go ahead and create an Instructable, since you can also download all steps of it in PDF form, please share the above link (or this blog post) with all your friends if you have found it interesting or useful :)


9 comments:

  1. Very cool Cindy. Thank you for sharing your invention =0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :O invention lol nono, bashbash! (No coffee in system yet, limited vocabulary! ! )

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Cindy, for sharing your instructable! :D Your results are impressive and the price is reasonable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber Dawn! The price is much lower but because I bought lights and buttons in bulk, and the bulk price is the estimate I went with hehehe

      Delete
  3. Great idea. Thanks for sharing the how to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE IT! What a help this is going to be not only to you, but for others, like me who struggle to get the lighting right. Thanks Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would buy the ring light if I could afford it Elizabeth lol

      Delete
  5. That is great, I am constantly struggling with lighting….grrrr. I going to try this. Thanks for sharing.
    Anita

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment! :D