Saturday, September 1, 2012

Miniature Spaghetti Marinara in 1:12


Whenever I have pasta at a restaurant, I seldom stray from familiar ones like Spaghetti, either Marinara, or Amatriciana. Over here in Singapore, the popular pasta chains make their marinara sauce with Mussels, prawns, clams and squid.


Naturally, my mini version would contain the same! This is made out of polymer clay, the plate was part of a gift or trade, I don't remember who with sorry :( Chrysnbon fork to check if it's to scale...

Here are the components that went into making the dish. I decided against using all of it, as it would make it look too cluttered! So the remainder will probably go into a different item :) Each clam (the smallest ones I made) measures only 3mm at the widest part of each shell......

I will be taking photos of more of my other works (sweet stuff!) but I wanted to get back into blogging, and since this was one of the more intensive items I've ever worked on, I think it deserves a post of its own ^ ^


3 comments:

  1. How can you do that?
    the clams are amazingly small !!!
    Wonderful piece :o)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. How on earth do you get so much detail in something so tiny? man, your work rocks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment! :D