Tuesday, November 1, 2011
I'm a Giant challenge Day 6
managed to settle on some walls. again, everything is made out of mounting board, have finally used the new mounting board i purchased. it's slightly thicker than the old one, which probably shrank after sitting there for about 2 years.....*blinks* so again, all my measurements are off by a little, which is alot, in 1:24.
it's already gesso'd up, just like the displays....
this is the sanding block i bashed together, from what i gather off various life sized woodworking sites, it's a must have tool! so i looked around my room to see what i could use for my mini projects. i used an acrylic container (used to be for a carl craft punch!) and tore out a piece of 300 grit sandpaper (might be finer, i forget) to fit. tadah~! i've been using this for all my recent wood projects. it's not really uh 'accurate' but it works very well, and i can hold it comfortably. made me wish i'd thought of this sooner when i had to sand down some chopsticks aeons ago..-_-"
the food component of this project is coming along too :) I've made some 1:24 danishes, macarons, croissants....and since i've made quite a number of 1:24 canes before, it's finally time to put them to use, YAY!!!! i can't imagine caning them down specially for this project, not when the deadline is in 1.5 mth's time :O pics coming up in a later post :) i'm super glad the boxes i made seem to work rather well too with the displays i've made.
/abrupt end to post cos i suck at signing off