Saturday, December 25, 2010

Happy Holidays!


another customer request :) she wanted these to be larger than 1:12, but maybe smaller than 1:6 so that she can use them for both her blythes and petite blythes. inspiration provided by customer:




i have to admit, this house is the 3rd attempt. forgot to take pics of the first two, but i want to end the year on a positive note, hehehhe!



 made more 1:12 journals! these few took me 4 hours zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz why why do i work minis at the speed of snail?!?
 this pink one is my fave :) i will make some of these available on my etsy soon-ish! which, at the speed of snail, translates to sometime next year. which isn't so bad, that gives me a week to get to it! XD

 and although i do not celebrate christmas, i always welcome presents XD so i made some in cookie form!

thank you all for the encouragement these past 2 years as i put one foot in front of the other on this very interesting voyage of minis. there have been several ups and downs in my life, and i have to say, making minis is a definite high. :)  i've made valuable friends, attained various accomplishments i'd never thought to seek or achieve, improved my social skills (marginally, but it's a step i'd not much bothered to take before) and overall, kept myself (and my bf ha!) somewhat sane and moods manageable.

very vague, but as with the more personal feelings, i find it hard to express exactly how much this all means to me. for those who know, thank you for being there for me, thank you for being patient with me, and thank you for supporting me. <3!

 may 2011 bring me more adventures with minis!

5 comments:

  1. I can relate to the "improve the social skills" :D
    I feel like you with minis, they brought a lot to my life!
    And it's so wonderful to see your work, because (even if you're a snail) it's outstanding!

    I don't always have much time to comment on it, but I love it. It's unique and extremely well done :9

    Merry gifts to you (you said you don't celebrate Christmas XD)

    Hugs!
    Stéphanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! May I know do you cut those pieces of woods & use them for those mini house in this post/display stands yourself? I'm from sgp as well and I've a problem dealing with cutting of thin wood pieces T_T

    Problem is that I'm not even sure does art friend provide cutting services.

    Hope to receive your reply soonish!

    Thank you! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, just LOVE the pink gingerbread house...BUT the dress cake well, takes the cake! Truly amazing!!! I always love seeing the fabulous things you create!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, they are all very pretty work. Of course :).

    Merry Christmas dear and a Happy New Year too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year :) Keep up your amazing works! Really enjoyed looking at them :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment! :D