Monday, January 25, 2010
more strawberry canes
so, the current commission calls for a coupla strawberry slices, and since i ran out of 1:4 ones, i had to make new slices. i tried making them a different way, yes, another failed experiment XD look at how disgusting it looks! thank goodness it's just the one slice, baked.
i can't take a good pic of the new slices. these 2 were test slices to see if the colours worked before i bake up the rest of the canes. actually, i think i'll refrain from baking them till i need 'em. need to store them safely out of the way though. it's slightly more translucent, and since i hadn't sliced these thinly (the ends are a bit wonky) i think the thinner slices would be perfect.
letting these rest now before i slice into them. the largest will be reduced slightly to 1:3, as with the 1:4, some details are lost on the 1:12 but that can't be helped. definitely a difference when making larger vs 1:12 canes. with 1:12, the lines used should be thicker upon assembly so as not to lose all the details after reduction. maybe if i can take a better pic, the lines would be visible on macro mode, but not to -my- naked eye.
still, am happy with the results of this cane. i'm tempted to make more in different shades etc, just so that i can avoid making these for a loooooooooong time XD
took me total of 6+ hrs (including the 2 hrs wasted on my first disastrous cane) to get these few out. i'm glad they're out of the way HA!